Year 1 (2023/24 entry)
You will attend:
- Friday 20th October 2023 - DTP Induction - Liverpool
- Tuesday 17th - Thursday 19th October 2023 - Intro to Data Science (R for Beginners) training - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/computational-biology-facility/events/r-beginners/ (online)
- Friday 3rd November 2023 - NEPG Conference - Newcastle/Virtual
- March/April 2024 - Date TBC- PIPS and CASE event - York
- May 2024 - Date TBC - Enterprise Event - York
- Thursday 11th and Friday 12th July 2024 - DTP Conference - Durham
Our 2023/24 induction booklet will be available shortly!
Years 2 & 3
In years 2 & 3 you will continue to develop your skills and understanding through a bespoke structured programme that emphasises individual training and cohort-based training, in addition to project-specific skills.
For example, you will continue to develop and test research ideas and learn how to:
- Design good experiments
- Analyse and present data
- Communicate your work to other scientists
You will be strongly encouraged to publish your work in leading international journals, attend conferences at home and abroad, and get involved in other activities such as enterprise competitions and public engagement events.
During years 2 & 3 is when most students opt to take part in their Professional Internship Placement and work in industry for 12 weeks or more (indeed this can be split into two or more periods at two or more different places if required) and gain valuable experience of a placement in industry.
By the end of four years, you will have become an expert in your research area and be ready to take the next important steps in your career. You will also have the opportunity of attending a Writing Retreat where you will receive support and guidance in how to improve your writing and make the most out of the time spent writing up your work for submission.