Year 1 (2021 entry)
You will attend:
- Friday 15th October 2021 - DTP Induction - Liverpool
- 3rd-5th November 2021 - Intro to Data Science training - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/computational-biology-facility/events/r-beginners/
- Thursday 11th and Friday 12th November 2021 - NEPG Conference (virtual)
- Friday 19th November 2021 - Enterprise Event - York
- Friday 1st April 2022 - PIPS and CASE event - York
- Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st July 2022 - DTP Conference - Durham
Induction 2021/22 - click here for our Induction Booklet for 2021/22
Year 1 (2022 entry)
You will attend:
- Friday 21st October 2022 - DTP Induction - Liverpool
- Wednesday 12th - Friday 14th October 2022 - Intro to Data Science training - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/computational-biology-facility/events/r-beginners/
- Friday 28th October 2022 - NEPG Conference - Newcastle/Virtual
- Date TBC - Enterprise Event
- Date TBC - PIPS and CASE event
- Date TBC - DTP Conference - Durham
Please note that a full schedule of dates will be published in due course for students starting in October 2022.
Years 2 & 3
In years 2 & 3 you will continue to develop your skills and understanding through a bespoke structured programme that emphasises individual training and cohort-based training, in addition to project-specific skills.
For example, you will continue to develop and test research ideas and learn how to:
- Design good experiments
- Analyse and present data
- Communicate your work to other scientists
You will be strongly encouraged to publish your work in leading international journals, attend conferences at home and abroad, and get involved in other activities such as enterprise competitions and public engagement events.
During years 2 & 3 is when most students opt to take part in their Professional Internship Placement and work in industry for 12 weeks or more (indeed this can be split into two or more periods at two or more different places if required) and gain valuable experience of a placement in industry.
By the end of four years, you will have become an expert in your research area and be ready to take the next important steps in your career. You will also have the opportunity of attending a Writing Retreat where you will receive support and guidance in how to improve your writing and make the most out of the time spent writing up your work for submission.